2.03.2008

mad southern lady

I wanted to write about Southern gentlemen - the ones that open doors, ask you out over the phone, use the manners their mommas raised them with, and walk you to your door at the end of the night. But right now I'm madder than a bull seeing red and I dont have anything nice to say about men in general. I had a date with a guy a while ago and he never called...or even taken the low road and texted/emailed. It's way past the 3 day rule... and I'm not playing those games.

Now I know ya'll have all had a bad date (or if you're like me - several bad dates) but there is no excuse or even logical explanation for this. It's unrealistic to get upset when things are ambivalent at the end of the date. If you get the one-armed hug instead of a kiss, you might expect a blow off. Or if things didn't go well. If I'd gotten plastered, or moaned about all my exes, or scarier yet... had our kids named by the end of the 1st date- those would at least be valid reasons. But that's not what happened. He asked ME out... presumably because he liked me at least a little. We spent a few hours having fun and flirting.. And when we walked out to our cars -it was HIM that came in for the real kiss (not just the peck on the cheek I offered). For a guy who ranked honesty as one of his top personality traits, and proceeded to be brutally honest in the time that I knew him - I'm flabberghasted.
And pissed off. If things aren't going well - don't kiss me. If you're not feeling it - man up and say that. Guys love to gripe about girls playing games and stringing guys along but from my recent expiriences... it's the guys that are playing all the games. This girl's not into playing the games... and it sucks to meet a guy that pretends like he doesnt either. Be who you are and stay true to that.

So I'll write about southern men in another post, when I have something good to say about them. Maybe in the mean time, I'll find one who still has some cojones.

till next time - here's to hoping your dates aren't yellow-bellied, castrated cowards like mine.

"Show me a woman who doesn't feel guilt and I'll show you a man." [Erica Jong]

No comments:

Post a Comment