1.25.2012

happy hump day?

I cried last night.

...

...

...

Over a Twix candy bar.

I have no idea how it ended up in my fridge (its not my favorite candy bar and I never buy full-size candy!)
except to think the following possibilities

(a) magical yet creepy Elf on a Shelf wanted to save mankind from the wrath of Kat,

(b) that Willy Wonka did invent that crazy candybar-sending TV
and it appeared in my house,

(c) our benevolent God decided to throw me a frickin bone. (as compared to the mostly misery thats been present lately)

Anyways, when I found it,
I seriously did Chandler's happy dance < Chandler Happy Dance GIF>
in my kitchen and shed a few tears.

And then I made myself go to gym class in exchange for the miraculous gift :)

Unbeknownst to me at the time, we had tornado weather here at 7am
(apparently I have retained my mad sleeping skills from college am just as good at sleeping through fire alarms/ tornado weather & warnings as I was at OU).

All I knew is that I could hear things being knocked over outside and the wind was going SIDEWAYS~~~

And I was NOT going out in it. So I email that I will be in later that morning. Only to have my phone blow up with National Weather alerts for my area saying "tornado weather… seek shelter"

So now that I'm finally at work, I'm wondering if we get to claim "hazardous weather/working conditions" or if I have to use PTO ;)

Anyways… I got in my car this morning and almost gagged.

It smells like stinky gym tennis shoes + old broccoli

I have no idea where or why. It didn't smell like that yesterday or on the way to the gym.

All I could think about was "Grumpy Old Men" when Jack throws a fish into Walter's old Suburban and he doesn't find it for a week!

Pretty sure my facial expression was comparable. Or like that guy's….



so NOT looking forward to cleaning out my car in the rain today.
I'm secretly hoping that the smell disappears as fast and mysteriously as it appeared!!!

Sadly, I regret to report that the cry-inducing Twix was not enough to overpower the stronghold the BMH have induced on my body.

So I stopped for gas station on my way to work and bought 3 things….. a cappuccino (duh), Cheeto puffs (small victory in convincing myself to buy the small bag!), and coconut M-n-Ms.


Yeah………………. I definitely got a empathetic look from the female clerk this morning.

Pretty sure she knew what's up ;)

That is all. Thanks for letting me "purge the crazy".


No comments:

Post a Comment